When you think about it, cooking is kind of a pain in the ass. You have to actually think about what you’re making, plan ahead, and deal with dirty dishes afterwards. But, let’s face it, it’s something that’s going to be required of you if you want to eat healthy and maintain a balanced diet.
And that’s why so many people are turning to plant-based diets, which make cooking much simpler.
Vegan cooking is no exception, and in this article, we’ll show you how to make quick and healthy vegan meals. From breakfast to lunch and dinner, we’ve covered it all. Let’s begin.
What are the advantages of vegan cooking?
Vegan cooking is not only easy, but it’s also full of nutrients and vitamins. This is especially true if you cook your own vegan meals at home. When you have to buy ready meals and other restaurants’ offerings, you run the risk of missing out on important nutrients.
Another advantage of vegan cooking is that it reduces your carbon footprint. The livestock industry is one of the leading contributors to climate change, and vegan cooking is one of the most efficient ways to reduce your meat intake.
Make vegan breakfast staples
Getting enough protein during the morning hours is crucial for a healthy diet. If you’re eating a vegan diet, there are a number of protein-rich breakfast staples that you can make.
– Protein pancakes: Instead of using milk or butter in your pancakes, use almond milk or coconut oil. Then, add protein powder, such as plant-based vanilla or chocolate. Mix these ingredients with a spoon and place them in a silicone muffin tray. This way, you’ll have a stack of pancakes ready to eat in the morning.
– Protein-rich granola: Make your own protein-rich granola, which you can store in an airtight container and consume as a snack throughout the day.
– Plant-based protein drinks: You can replace the milk in your morning coffee or smoothie with almond or soy milk. So, instead of having a coffee or smoothie every morning, you can replace the dairy with one that has a higher protein content.
– Protein-rich tofu scrambled eggs: If you have time and you’re feeling creative, you can make a tofu scramble with a plate of tofu scrambled eggs. These are very easy to make and are a great breakfast option for vegans.
Vegan lunch ideas
Lunch is arguably the most important meal of the day. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some of the best vegan lunch ideas.
– Homemade vegetable soup: Soup is one of the healthiest foods you can eat and one of the easiest to make at home. You can make a large batch of vegetable soup, store it in an airtight container, and have it ready whenever you’re hungry.
– Vegan sandwiches: Vegan sandwiches can make a great lunch option. Make sure to include plenty of protein and vegetables in order to maximize their nutritional value.
– Healthy salads: Healthy salads can be a great lunch option for vegans. Make sure to include plenty of vegetables and a balance of protein and carbs to keep you full during the afternoon.
– Muffins and quick breads: Muffins and quick breads are quick, easy, and healthy snacks that you can take with you to work or school. They’re also perfect for lunchboxes, so parents will be happy to see their children eating something healthy!
– Vegan protein bars: Vegan protein bars are one of the easiest ways to get all the nutrients you need when you’re in a rush or don’t have time to make lunch.
Vegan dinner recipes
Now we’re getting to the good stuff! If you’re looking for vegan dinner recipes, you’ve come to the right article.
Vegan dinner recipes can be a bit more complicated than the other meals, but they’re not impossible to make.
Start with a vegan dinner staple, such as a vegetable stir-fry or a vegan pasta dish, and add some easy to make sides, such as broccoli with cashew cheese or baked sweet potato, for a balanced vegan meal that’s sure to please everyone at the table.
– Veggie stir-fry: A classic vegan meal, a veggie stir-fry is one of the best vegan dinner recipes. It’s quick, easy, and healthy.
– Vegan pasta: Pasta is another classic vegan dinner staple that can easily be turned into a vegan dinner recipe. Vegetables, beans, vegan meats, and sauces can all be used to add extra flavour to pasta, which makes it easy to make a vegan dinner.
– Vegan pizza: Vegan pizza is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to make vegan dinner. Just replace the cheese with vegan Daiya and your pizza is vegan.
– Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes are a classic vegan dinner side, and they’re perfect for vegans.
– Chickpeas with vegetables: Chickpeas are a protein-rich and filling vegetable, which can be added to a vegetable stir-fry or served with a side of vegetables, such as broccoli or carrots, which are both easy to make and nutritious.
– Quinoa: Quinoa is a complex seed that is full of vitamins and minerals, which make it one of the best vegan dinner recipes. It’s also quick and easy to cook.
– Rice: Rice is another quick and easy vegan dinner recipe that’s full of vitamins and minerals.
– Baked sweet potato: Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamin A and other antioxidants, making them an easy addition to any meal.
Wrapping up: Tips for making vegan cooking easier
Vegan cooking can be tricky, and it can be especially difficult when you’re new to the diet. That’s why we’ve included these tips.
– Taste your food before you serve it: This will help you get a better feel for what you’ve made, and you can adjust the recipe to suit your taste.
– Make sure your ingredients are fresh: Stale or old ingredients will make your food taste bad, so make sure they’re as fresh as possible.
– Make sure to plan your meals: Meal planning is one of the best ways to make vegan cooking easier. You can plan your meals for the week and figure out what you need to buy at the grocery store.
– Make a list before shopping: Before you go grocery shopping, make a list of everything you need to buy. This will help you stay on track and make sure you don’t forget anything.
– Keep a shopping list in your phone: If you don’t want to carry around a notebook or take a pen out with you, make sure to keep a shopping list in your phone so you don’t miss anything.
Vegan cooking can be easy, but you have to prepare a lot of ingredients and plan ahead, since it’s not as simple as just turning on the stove and waiting for it to heat up. That’s why you need to make sure to have all the needed ingredients and have some time to prepare the meals. And to make vegan cooking easier, try some of these quick recipes or even vegan lunch or dinner ideas.